12 Anuprekshas or matters of deep thinking according to the Jain scriptures:
1. All worldly things are temporary.
2. The Soul alone is the sole resort.
3. This world is beginningless and crooked.
4. There is nothing to help the Soul, but the Soul itself.
5. Body, mind, etc., are essentially separate from the Soul.
6. The Soul is essentially pure and the body, etc, are essentially impure.
7. The Soul's bondage is due to the inflow of Karma in it.
8. Every being ought to stop this inflow.
9. Emancipation is attained when Karma is absolutely got rid of.
10. The emancipated Souls remain at the foremost top of the filled spaces.
11. in this world, to have the birth of a human being and to mediate on the nature of the Soul are the greatest blessings.
12. To have the three jewels as described by the Omniscient is the only morality *
* - Right Faith, Right Knowledge and Right Conduct.